Friday, March 5, 2010

Les Brown - Motivational Speaker - The Power of the Platform - Speakers on Success

I just posted my Chapter Eight Book Review for Les Brown - When Things Go Wrong, Don't go with Them! From The Power of the Platform - Speakers on Success - Robin Jay, Jack Canfield, Nick Hall, Charli Douglass, Andy Ebon, Amanda Gore, Jim Fannin, Tana goertz.

I've posted an index from Chapters One to Eight on blogspot and the main articles are on The Idea Girl Says.

I find this book helps me make some very wise decisions of late.

Today I was trying to figure out what I want to do career wise.

Do I want to expand from being just a writer/author/novelist into a Public Relations Person?

I'm talented in sales and networking, so I'm going to try it.

I want to be more like the movie "Yes Man" with Jim Carrey.

I want to take some risks and see what happens in life.

Les Brown talks about "opportunities my come in the way of defeats, setbacks,  and failures."
[quote from book - the power of the platform - speakers on success - chapter eight]

I could really suffer a setback in my goals by not saying yes.

Sure I'm terrified that I could fail miserably at this, but then again I could shine like a star.

I won't know until I try, right?

So I'm going to give it my best shot and see what happens.

I'll keep you posted!
Linda Randall
Idea Girl Consulting

1 comment:

  1. Becoming motivational speakers require training and persistence. There is no one on the planet that wants to spend their time listening to someone who is dry as dust. If you can learn how to become a motivational speaker, you will be in high demand.

    ReplyDelete