Friday, September 11, 2009

Writing Chic Lit - The Calamity Girl





Okay it was almost fifteen years ago that I started writing my Calamity Girl Stories in a journal.  I have no idea where they are at the moment, so I'll be writing from memories...

I never published it online because I figured there was no happy ending to this story.  Now I feel the "URGE" to start writing it.

Sophie Kinsella's Confession of a Shopaholic, cool chic lit, inspired me.
It reminded me about myself and the life that I've left behind.
It told me that I had changed from that irresponsible, spend a holic that I used to be years ago...

I never realized how much I had changed in the past three years, till now.

I've learned you have to live life to the fullest and take one day at a time.

Do your dreams, don't let anything hold you back!

So I'm going to start working on all those dreams I've had for years! :)

I did accomplish one of them.

Writing The Munroe Series, although it's still a work in process I can honestly say not only did I write ONE novel, I'm in the process of doing FOURTEEN of them. LOL

How's that for reaching a goal? :)

It's the same with this thing called BLOGGING.

I learned about it in November 2008.

No, I'm not from the dark ages, although at my age I feel like a dinosaur sometimes when I try to have a conversation with my 19 year old child.

He knows so many things about computers, ipods and MP3 players and I know zilch!

Okay so Harold bought me an MP3 player.
I know how to press the one button and that's it.
I figured out how to add songs to it by watching a youtube video. (such a useful tool)

Now i'm tired of my songs, so I'll have to go look for a you tube video on how to CHANGE the songs! LOL

okay so enough of the personal stuff...

I'm going to take a crack at writing some chic lit.

I know I can do it because I submitted a story on Helium and a well known writer (25 years, New York Times) sent me an email telling me how much HE enjoyed my short story!

It got a decent rating at the time, haven't checked it lately.

So....
I'm going to take that original story and EXPAND it.

I'll be posting the story portion on The Calamity Girl Blogspot.

Any news or updates I'll post on Word Press like pictures and stuff, I'll have two things on the go because I'm a professional multi tasker! :)

Just thought I'd let you all know I'll be writing something wacky, funny and entertaining soon.

OMG I love this new Editing tool they created here.  I just hit UpDATE on my settings.. Check yours out too, you might need to update yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment